Presentations & tutorials
Interaction Paradigms for Human-Computer Cooperation in Design
My position supported the use of critic-based and improver-based design paradigms to address ill-structured design problems.
Panel at Computer Human Interaction (CHI '94) April 24-28, 1994.
Cross media and cross platform publishing
Tutorial describing information presentation customized to its use and the platform on which it is delivered.
Tutorial at American Center for Design Conference, Designing for the Internet, 1995.
Beyond Style: Adaptive presentations for the World Wide Web
Presented the use of visual languages for the customization of web documents. Discussed the need for document restructuring based on the context and dynamic use of the content.
1st WWW Consortium Workshop on Style Sheets, 1995.
Meta Design: An architecture for adaptive design
San Francisco, California
Presentation on techniques designers can use to create meta representations enabling the automatic presentation of information when they can no longer support the creation of individual documents.
Workshop at Web Design and Development '96 Conference, Moscone Center, March 25-28, Miller Freeman, 1996.
IBM MASTER INVENTOR 2006
- 8,296,646 Focusing on areas of the display of tabular data through hierarchical collapsing and expanding of cell areas
- 8,151,213 System, method and program product for tabular data with dynamic visual cells
- 7,895,330 Queuing of instant messaging requests
- 7,861,180 Modeless interaction with GUI widget applications
- 7,844,788 Mirroring system memory in non-volatile random access memory (NVRAM) for fast power on/off cycling
- 7,827,364 Multistage virtual memory paging system
- 7,788,082 Computational linguistic statements for providing an autonomic computing environment
- 7,546,546 User defined contextual desktop folders
- 7,543,123 Multistage virtual memory paging system
- 7,519,917 Method and apparatus for graphically displaying compatible workflow steps
- 7,457,928 Mirroring system memory in non-volatile random access memory (NVRAM) for fast power on/off cycling
- 7,412,649 Viewing and editing markup language files with complex semantics
- 7,409,634 Method and apparatus for end-to-end content publishing system using XML with an object dependency graph
- 7,328,156 Computational linguistic statements for providing an autonomic computing environment
- 7,114,127 Method, system and program product in a model-view-controller (MVC) programming architecture for inter-object communication with transformation
- 7,086,002 System and method for creating and editing, an on-line publication
- 7,076,728 Method and apparatus for end-to-end content publishing system using XML with an object dependency graph
- 6,996,768 Electric publishing system and method of operation generating web pages personalized to a user's optimum learning mode
- 6,816,174 Method and apparatus for variable density scroll area
- 8,588,400 Category based organization and monitoring of customer service help sessions
- 9,575,636 Graphical User Interface For Tracking Context
- tw 200741455 Multistage virtual memory paging system
Best Student Paper Award
ACM Multimedia '94, October 15-20, 1994
AIA Scholastic Award
University of Minnesota, 1974